Network Perception Secures $13 Million Series A Funding Round
Leader in OT Network Security Expands to Meet the Cybersecurity Needs of Critical Infrastructure Industries
CHICAGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Network Perception, innovators of operational technology (OT) solutions which protect mission-critical assets, announced today that it has raised $13 million in Series A financing. The funding round was led by The Westly Group with participation from Energy Impact Partners and other existing investors, including Serra Ventures, Okapi Venture Capital, Energy Foundry and SaaS Venture Capital. The Series A funding brings Network Perception’s total funding to $15.73 million.
“Network Perception is a leader in firewall risk assessment for critical infrastructure and has built a platform that verifies and visualizes firewall policies to ensure an organization’s most important assets are protected and compliant”
Network Perception solutions proactively and continuously assure the security of critical OT assets using intuitive network segmentation verification and visualization. Originally designed and built by a government-funded research team comprised of cybersecurity academics and industry experts in network security and critical infrastructure protection, the Network Perception NP-View platform has become the industry standard for the verification of proper network segmentation, the assurance of network security compliance, and the visualization of industrial control network environments.
The Series A financing will enable Network Perception to expand its commercial activities and address the OT network cybersecurity needs of critical industries, expand into new vertical and international markets, and establish strategic partnerships to further accelerate go-to-market growth. Network Perception will continue to drive innovation, deliver new solution based technology and continue to be on the forefront of OT cybersecurity. In the coming weeks, the company will debut the NP-View Essential edition of its platform to provide instant visualization and network verification for compliance and security teams in both small and enterprise-sized entities.
“The security of critical OT assets is essential to public safety and the operation of everyday services that we all rely on – from energy delivery to manufacturing and transportation,” said Robin Berthier, Network Perception CEO and Co-Founder. “This infusion of funding will allow us to take network security to a new level, bringing greater control and visibility to administrators, and eliminating potential weaknesses before they are exposed. In today’s operational technology environment, this is not only important, but imperative.”
“As the number and severity of attacks on our physical infrastructure increases, state-of-the-art network protection and compliance becomes more critical,” said Danny Cotter, Partner, The Westly Group. “We represent many of the world’s largest energy and industrial companies who own or operate billions of dollars of critical infrastructure. Network Perception’s network transparency and continuous mapping solution reinforce asset-centric business’ first line of perimeter defense. We are excited to support Network Perception as they provide leading critical infrastructure security to increasingly complex and exposed operational technology networks.”
“Network Perception is a leader in firewall risk assessment for critical infrastructure and has built a platform that verifies and visualizes firewall policies to ensure an organization’s most important assets are protected and compliant,” said Harry Giovani, Managing Partner and CEO at Energy Impact Partners Credit Strategies. “We look forward to supporting Network Perception’s growth and expansion into the utility market.”
About Network Perception
Since 2014, Network Perception has set the standard for best-in-class OT network cybersecurity audit and compliance solutions. With intuitive, mapping-centric visualization and independent verification for network segmentation, Network Perception instantly and safely ensures compliance and protection.
Network Perception’s technology platform and products range in functionality from essential network auditing technology to continuous and proactive visualization of OT network vulnerabilities, with the intent of improving network security and heightened cyber resiliency for critical infrastructure companies.
- SecurityWeek- “OT Security Firm Network Perception Raises $13 Million”
- The Chicago Inno Newsletter (from The Chicago Business Journal)- “Cybersecurity startup raises $13M”
- Help Net Security: “Network Perception raises $13 million to address the OT network cybersecurity needs of critical industries”
- AI TechPark- “Network Perception Secures $13 Million Series A Funding Round”
- Crain’s Chicago Business – “U of I cybersecurity spinout lands $13 million“
- PitchBook – “Network Perception picks up $13M Series A“
- Venture Capital Journal – “Network Perception scores $13m Series A“
- FinSMEs – “Network Perception Raises $13M in Series A Funding“
- BuiltIn Chicago – “Cybersecurity Startup Network Perception Raises $13M Series A“
- The CyberWire – “Marketplace“
- Benzinga – “Network Perception Secures $13 Million Series A Round“
- VC News Daily – “Network Perception Secures $13M Series A“
- GRC Outlook –”Network Perception Secures $13M Series A Funding Round”
- RegTech Analyst – Network Perception has bagged $13m in its Series A raise
- Crain’s Chicago Business – U of I Cybersecurity Spinout Lands $13 Million